Isreali PM Netanyahu warns Iran against restoring its nuclear programme
Isreali PM Netanyahu warns Iran against restoring its nuclear programme
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has issued a renewed threat to Iran following the implementation of the ceasefire.
Netanyahu said Israel had achieved “a historic victory” and destroyed Iran’s nuclear programme.
He said if Iran moved to restore its nuclear programme, Israel would repeat its recent actions against the Islamic Republic.
“Should Iran attempt to restore it, Israel “will act with the same determination and the same force to cut off any such attempt.”
The head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation had already announced that the country intended to continue the production process at its nuclear facilities without interruption.
Experts say the extent of the destruction caused by the attacks from Israel and the United States on Iran’s nuclear facilities remains unclear.
U.S. media, citing a classified Pentagon assessment, reported that the U.S. strikes would only set back Iran’s nuclear programme by months.
Tehran continues to insist that it does not intend to build nuclear weapons and is pursuing only a civilian programme.
However, before the war, the country possessed uranium with a purity level close to weapons-grade, according to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
The Israeli army also destroyed Iran’s missile industry, Netanyahu said.
Shortly before the ceasefire began, Israel’s military had delivered “the hardest blow of all since the start of the war” to Tehran’s government, killing hundreds of government officials.
There has been no Iranian confirmation of this.
The Israeli prime minister also thanked U.S. President Donald Trump for the U.S. attacks on Iran’s nuclear facilities.
“I must tell you Israel has never had as great a friend in the White House,” he said. (dpa/NAN)
Military
Middle East war: Switzerland rejects US requests to use its airspace for military operations
Middle East war: Switzerland rejects US requests to use its airspace for military operations
Switzerland has declined requests from the United States to allow military-related flights through its airspace in connection with the ongoing conflict involving Iran, citing its obligations under international neutrality laws.
The Swiss government disclosed on Saturday that two requests tied to the war were rejected after being reviewed under the country’s neutrality policy.
“In total, two requests linked to the war in Iran were refused, while a maintenance flight and two requests for transport aircraft were approved,” the government said in a statement.
According to authorities, the rejected requests involved reconnaissance flights scheduled for March 15.
Explaining the decision, the Swiss government said its neutrality laws prohibit the use of its territory for military activities related to armed conflicts.
“The law of neutrality prohibits overflights by parties to a conflict for military purposes related to that conflict,” the statement said, referencing the war involving the United States, Israel and Iran.
However, the government noted that certain categories of flights are still allowed under international rules.
Flights for humanitarian or medical purposes, including the transport of injured persons, as well as flights not connected to the conflict, remain permitted.
The development comes amid heightened diplomatic tensions among Western allies over access to military facilities and airspace following the escalation of hostilities in the Middle East.
At the start of the war, US President Donald Trump publicly criticised the United Kingdom for initially hesitating to allow American forces to use its bases, and later threatened Spain with trade measures after Madrid declined a similar request.
Foreign News
Keep dreaming; Khameini slams US President on claims he has destroyed Iranian nuclear sites
Keep dreaming; Khomeini slams US President on claims he has destroyed Iranian nuclear sites
Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, on Monday rejected US President Donald Trump’s assertion that American strikes in June had destroyed Iran’s nuclear facilities.
In a statement on his official website, Khamenei told Trump to “keep dreaming” regarding the alleged destruction and questioned the US president’s authority “to say what a country should or should not have if it possesses a nuclear industry.”
The claims follow an unprecedented bombing campaign by Israel in mid-June, which saw the US briefly join in targeting key Iranian nuclear sites.
Last week, speaking at the Israeli Knesset, Trump said the US had confirmed “obliterating” the facilities.
“So we dropped 14 bombs on Iran’s key nuclear facilities. Totally as I said originally obliterating them and that’s been confirmed,” he stated.
In a Sunday interview with Fox News, Trump added that Iran “no longer became the bully of the Middle East” after the strikes, which he claimed “destroyed their nuclear capability” and described as “the most beautiful military operation.”
However, the actual impact of the strikes remains unclear.
The Pentagon estimated that the attacks delayed Iran’s nuclear program by one to two years, contradicting an initial classified US intelligence report suggesting only a few months of setback.
On Monday, Khamenei described Trump’s comments as “improper, wrong, and bullying.”
The June conflict with Israel occurred just two days before a planned sixth round of nuclear negotiations between Tehran and Washington, which had started in April.
Talks have since stalled, with Iran stating it would only resume discussions if the US provided guarantees against military action.
Foreign News
JUST IN: Israel has agreed to 60-day ceasefire with Iran says Donald Trump
JUST IN: Israel has agreed to 60-day ceasefire says Donald Trump
Israel has agreed to the necessary conditions for a 60-day ceasefire in the Gaza war and it is now up to Hamas to accept the deal, U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday.
During the two-month period, the United States will work with all parties to end the conflict, Trump wrote on his platform, Truth Social.
Representatives from Qatar and Egypt, who have been heavily involved in peace efforts, will deliver this latest proposal to the Palestinian extremist organisation, Hamas.
“I hope, for the good of the Middle East, that Hamas takes this Deal, because it will not get better – IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE,” Trump said in his post.
The president said U.S. representatives held a long and productive meeting with Israeli officials on Tuesday to discuss Gaza.
However, there was no immediate comment from the Israeli side.
Trump had already hinted at a possible ceasefire in the Gaza war a few days ago.
He is set to host Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Washington next week, with the Gaza war at the top of the agenda.
Trump reiterated on Tuesday that he expects an agreement to be reached next week.
The U.S. has been working for weeks to gain support for a plan involving an initial 60-day ceasefire. (dpa/NAN)
-
6 years ago
Our situation in Kano terrible – Gov Ganduje cries out
-
News1 year agoFG pledges commitment to enhance Police officers Welfare, implement Tinubu’s 8-point agenda for NPF
-
News1 year agoBREAKING; NSCDC gets approval to commence 2025 recruitment exercise
-
News1 year agoAlleged cocaine deal: Court issues orders in suspended DCP Abba Kyari’s case
-
News1 year agoDPO under investigation for allegedly taking teenage girl to his home while in police custody
-
News1 year agoJUST IN; Commissioner of Police bows out of Service
-
News1 year agoJUST IN; Police Inspector dies watching Arsenal match
-
News1 year agoBREAKING; NLC declare nationwide protest


