Connect with us

Published

on

banner

Gunmen rape Housewife to death after killing Husband

The horrific murder of Mr Williams Wasiu Jimoh and his wife, Mrs Banke William Jimoh, in their flat by unidentified gunmen has plunged the Angwan Kari community in Nasarawa State’s Keffi Local Government Area into sadness.

Advertisement

On Sunday, April 6, at midnight, the attackers broke into the couple’s house, causing their tragic death. Pastor Lee Ngbede, the Fellowship of Christian Students (FCS) Keffi Zonal Coordinator, described the horrific incident in an interview with a journalist.

“Brother and Sister Jimoh were committed members of the FCS here in Keffi. The situation surrounding their gruesome death remains a shock to the entire Christian body in Keffi and the state,” he said.

Advertisement

Ngbede claims that after several calls to the couple went unanswered, Mrs. Jimoh’s father called a family acquaintance of the Jimohs to voice his concerns.

This led to a visit to their home. When Mr. Jimoh’s colleague went to the flat, he saw that the doors were locked. He became suspicious when he peered through a back window and noticed flies and a bad odour. He called the cops right away.

Advertisement

The police discovered Mrs. Jimoh’s lifeless body on the bed with her hands on her head and her legs spread wide, a position that may indicate rape, when they pushed open the door. Already, her body was decaying.

Her spouse may have been attempting to flee because he was found close to one of the doors with his hands bound and several cuts to his head from a machete.

Advertisement

At the moment, he was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Keffi, unconscious but still alive.

Given the remote location of the couple’s house and the severity of the injuries sustained, an eyewitness who talked to Vanguard called the attack a deliberate act.

Advertisement

“The police said from all indications, the woman was raped to death. After that, her neck was also slashed, and it was practically dangling,” the eyewitness claimed.

Some community members speculated that suspected Fulani herders may have been behind the crime, citing a recent dispute between them and the slain woman. Others who inspected the injuries noted that the wounds resembled those seen in earlier attacks linked to herders in the region.

Advertisement

Mrs. Jimoh, who had no children, was laid to rest on Thursday, April 10. Her remains were wrapped in cloth, as the body had already begun to decompose and was found in a contorted position.

Mr. Jimoh, who had been in a coma following the incident, later succumbed to his injuries.
His burial is scheduled for Wednesday, April 16.

Advertisement
banner
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Crime

Thirteen Guests shot dead by gunmen at wedding ceremony, others kidnapped

Published

on

banner

Thirteen Guests shot dead by gunmen at wedding ceremony, others kidnapped

At least 13 people have been killed and several others abducted after armed bandits attacked a wedding ceremony in Kahir village, Kagarko Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Advertisement

The late-night assault, which occurred around 11:47 p.m. on Sunday, has intensified fears over worsening insecurity in rural communities across the state.

Residents said the attackers stormed the venue in large numbers, wielding heavy weapons, and opened fire on guests, throwing the gathering into chaos.

Advertisement

Several victims sustained gunshot wounds and were taken to the General Hospital in Kagarko, while those critically injured were transferred to facilities in Kaduna for further treatment.

A community leader disclosed that the assailants operated for nearly an hour, during which they also looted shops, carting away food items, provisions, and medical supplies.

Advertisement

The victims have since been buried, while efforts to establish contact with the abductors have so far been unsuccessful.

A police source in Kagarko confirmed the incident to Vanguard, noting that security agencies have launched investigations and are working to ascertain the exact number of persons abducted.

Advertisement
banner
Continue Reading

Crime

Guns other weapons recovered as Police arrest 10 Suspects over assassination attempt on Monarch

Published

on

banner

Guns other weapons recovered as Police arrest 10 Suspects over assassination attempt on Monarch

The Ondo State Police Command has arrested ten suspects in connection with a foiled assassination attempt on the traditional ruler of Igoba community in Akure North Local Government Area, Oba Adinlewa John.

Advertisement

The armed assailants reportedly stormed the community around 11:30 a.m., wielding guns, machetes, charms, and other dangerous weapons, leaving residents in fear as they launched a coordinated attack.

Before targeting the monarch’s palace, the gang allegedly assaulted a resident, Mrs. Ogunoye Oluomo, who sustained serious injuries and was robbed of her personal belongings.

Advertisement

According to eyewitnesses, the attackers made their way to the palace with the intention of killing Oba Adinlewa John.

The monarch, however, managed to escape unharmed, though the incident caused widespread panic throughout the community.

Advertisement

Confirming the incident, the Commissioner of Police in Ondo State, Adebowale Lawal, said a tactical response team was immediately dispatched to the area, leading to the arrest of ten suspects at the scene.

Recovered from the suspects were two locally made pistols, a single-barrel gun, live ammunition, charms, and other assorted weapons.

Advertisement

Lawal revealed that the suspects had already confessed to their involvement in the plot and would be charged to court upon the conclusion of investigations.

He added that efforts are underway to apprehend other members of the gang who fled during the operation.

Advertisement

“Ondo State will not be allowed to become a breeding ground for violence and criminality,” the police commissioner said. “Security has been reinforced in Igoba to restore calm and ensure that no such incident occurs again.”

This attempted assassination comes just a day after another disturbing incident in the state, where the Onidogun of Idogun, Oba Moses Bakare, his wife, and their son, Prince Victor Bakare, were attacked by angry youths in Ose Local Government Area during preparations for the community’s new yam festival.

Advertisement

The monarch was assaulted, his wife stripped partially naked, and the crown prince reportedly injured.

The police have launched separate investigations into both incidents, which have sparked concern over rising threats to traditional institutions in the state.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, those injured during the attacks are currently receiving treatment at medical facilities in their respective communities.

Authorities say normalcy has returned to Igoba following the swift police intervention, with a heightened security presence now in place to maintain order and deter further violence.

Advertisement
banner
Continue Reading

Crime

Student arrested, remanded for unlawful possession of firearms

Published

on

banner

Student arrested, remanded for unlawful possession of firearms

A 25-year-old student, Obinna Igwe, a suspected cult member, found in possession of a gun, on Thursday, appeared before an Ogudu Magistrates’ Court in Lagos State

Advertisement

The police arraigned Igwe, a resident of Oremeji Street in Bariga, on three counts of conspiracy, unlawful possession of a gun, and unlawful possession of cartridges.

The Prosecutor, Insp. Sunday Bassey told the court that the defendant and his accomplices, still at large, committed the offences on Sept. 9, at 11:00 p.m. at Shobande Street, Akoka, Bariga, Lagos.

Advertisement

He said the police received a distress call that some suspected cult boys had gathered in the area, prompting the Divisional Police Officer of Bariga Division, CSP Godwin Okploko, to lead a patrol team to the scene.

According to him, the suspects fled on sighting the police, but Igwe was arrested with the help of a security guard.

Advertisement

Bassey said one locally-made cut-to-size double-barrel gun and two live cartridges were recovered from Igwe during the operation.

He said the offences contravened Sections 411 and 330 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015, and Section 27 of the Firearms Act, Cap F28 Laws of the Federation, 2004.

Advertisement

The Magistrate, Mrs. O.A. Daodu, who did not take the plea of the defendant, ordered that the case file should be transferred to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for legal advice.

She further ordered that the defendant be remanded in custody and adjourned the case until Oct. 28, for mention.(NAN)

Advertisement
banner
Continue Reading

Trending

© 2025, All Rights Reserved | Crime Channels